Emma Peel corduroy jacket latest…

So I’ve still been plodding away at this – added the interfacing, facings etc. The collar was the bit I thought would be most tricky – first attempt ended in a rumpled shape, but a bit of strategic ironing and re-stitching seems to have sorted that out.

Tonight, I’ve tried to nip in the waist a bit more and added the sleeves. One sleeve probably needs taking out and redoing, as it’s a bit puffy at the top. Arse. I hate doing sleeves. Oh, I added the buttons too, so at least now I can tell what it’s going to look like. So, when that’s done, just the lining to make and attach…




It might not look like much but…

It might not look like much but… there’s actually quite a lot of work gone into this so far – 2 main front pieces, plus 2 underarm pieces stitched together, plus made the pockets ready to be slip-stitched on (which were far more complicated than they needed to be in my opinion!). Phew. After the pockets have been stitched, I’m going to press the seams etc properly then it’s onto the back of the jacket…

Emma Peel Jacket Project

SO I lost my FAVOURITE coat in the whole world… luckily, I had a vintage pattern of a similar coat. I’ve never made anything more complicated than a little dress or bolero jacket, so a proper coat is a bit of a daunting challenge. After 2 sittings, I’ve completed phase one: cut out the fabric. I hate this part. Most of these pieces have 2 pieces of corduroy and 2 pieces of lining cut out for them, plus a few pieces of interfacing too. Phew!

It’s supposed to end up looking like this… (but in black corduroy) it may all go horribly wrong.. watch this space! Time for a break for some guitar practice and a cuppa!